The following terms and conditions, together with any documents they expressly incorporate by reference (collectively, the “Terms”), govern your access to and use of [WEBSITE] (the “Site”) and our related services, (together with the Site, the “Services”), whether as a guest or a registered user.
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this Site. You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Services, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
1. MODIFICATION OF TERMS
We reserve the right to change or modify these Terms at any time and in our sole discretion. If we make changes to these Terms, we will provide notice of such changes, such as by updating the “Last Updated” date at the beginning of these Terms. By continuing to use the Services at any point after such update, you confirm your acceptance of the revised Terms and all of the terms incorporated therein by reference. You should review these Terms frequently to ensure that you understand the terms and conditions that apply when you access or use the Services. If you do not agree to the revised Terms, you may not access or use the Services.
2. USE OF THE SERVICES; ACCOUNT SET-UP AND SECURITY
- Services. The Services include an online store made available by Painted to enable users to shop for our products and create accounts.
- Account Registration. In order to use certain features of the Services, you may need to register for an account (“Account”). By registering for an Account, you (a “Registered User”) agree to provide accurate, current, and complete Account information, and to maintain and promptly update your Account information as necessary.
- Authority. By creating an Account, you represent and warrant that you have all requisite capacity, power, and authority to enter into, and perform your obligations under these Terms.
- Account Security. You are responsible for the security of your Account. You accept all risks of unauthorized access to your Account and the information you provide. You agree to immediately notify us if you discover or otherwise suspect any breaches of security related to your Account or the Services, including unauthorized use of your password.
- Additional Information. We may require you to provide additional information and documents at the request of any competent authority or in order to help us comply with applicable law, regulation, or policy.
By creating an Account or otherwise signing up for communications, you consent to receive electronic communications from us (e.g., via email or by posting notices to the Services). These communications may include notices about your Account (e.g., password changes and other transactional information) and are part of your existing relationship with us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including, but not limited to, that such communications be in writing. You should maintain copies of electronic communications from us by printing a paper copy or saving an electronic copy. We have no obligation to store for your later use or access any such electronic communications that we make to you. We may also send you promotional communications via email or text message, including, but not limited to, newsletters, special offers, surveys and other news and information we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these promotional emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions provided therein.
5. ONLINE STORE
Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the Site. These products or services may have limited quantities. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time. We also reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at anytime without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
6. FEES AND PAYMENTS; REFUNDS
- Fees. We will charge fees in consideration of the Services based on the products selected. You are responsible for all taxes. Further terms and conditions relating to the Services may apply.
- Payments. Payment processing services for Painted, including the processing and storing of credit card data, are provided by Shopify Inc. By agreeing to these terms and continuing to use the Services, you agree to be bound by Shopify’s Terms, as the same may be modified by Shopify from time to time. As a condition of Painted enabling payment processing services through Shopify, you agree to provide Painted accurate and complete information about you and your business, and you authorize Painted share with Shopify this information and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Shopify.
- Refunds. For refunds, please see our Refund and Exchange Policy.
7. LIMITED LICENSE
You are hereby granted a limited, revocable, nonexclusive, nontransferable, nonassignable, non-sublicensable, “as-is” license to access and use the Services and related content for your own personal, non-commercial use; provided, however, that such license is subject to the Terms and does not include any right to (i) sell, resell, or use commercially the Services, (ii) distribute, publicly perform, or publicly display any content, (iii) modify or otherwise make any derivative uses of the Services, or any portion thereof, (iv) use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods, (v) download (other than page caching) any portion of the Services, except as expressly permitted by us, and (vi) use the Services other than for their intended purposes. This license is subject to your compliance with these Terms.
8. USER CONTENT
You may be able to share content on or through the Services (“User Content”). If you choose to make User Content available on or through the Services, you hereby grant us a fully paid, royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, sublicense, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, and display such User Content (in whole or in part) for the purposes of (i) providing the Services, including making User Content available to other Registered Users; and (ii) improving the Services. You also hereby grant each other Registered User of the Services a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Services, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Content solely as permitted through the functionality of the Services and under these Terms. You are solely responsible for any User Content you provide. You represent and warrant that you have, or have obtained, all rights, licenses, consents, permissions, power and/or authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein for any User Content that you submit, post or display on or through the Services. You agree that such User Content will not contain material subject to copyright or other proprietary rights, unless you have necessary permission or are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant the licenses described above. We take no responsibility for the User Content posted or listed via the Services, although we reserve the right to remove any User Content that is in violation of these Terms.
9. EXTERNAL SITES
The Services may include hyperlinks to other websites or resources (collectively, the “External Sites”), which are provided solely as a convenience to our Registered Users. We have no control over any External Sites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of any External Sites, and that we do not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or made available from or through any External Sites. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred as a result of the availability or unavailability of the External Sites, or as a result of any reliance placed by you upon the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or made available from, any External Sites.
10. PROHIBITED USES
You may not attempt or cause to attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Services, or any other systems or networks connected to the Services, by hacking, password “cracking,” or any other illegitimate means. You may not breach or cause to breach the security or authentication measures on the Services or any other systems or networks connected to the Services, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Services. You will not falsify your identity or impersonate another person engage in conduct that limits the use and enjoyment of the Services, or any part thereof, by other users in any way, in each case as determined by us in our sole and absolute discretion.
In addition, you agree not to and will not assist another to:
- reverse engineer, disassemble, alter, decompile, duplicate, create derivative works from, make copies of, extract information from, distribute, license, lease, sell, resell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the Services, in whole or in part, except as expressly permitted by us;
- upload, post or store any materials that directly or indirectly contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar harmful mechanism;
- link to, mirror or frame any portion of the Services without our prior express written permission;
- scrape, index, survey, or data mine any portion of the Services or unduly burden or hinder the operation of the Services; or
- remove any notice of the proprietary rights of our licensors and us from any portion of the Services or printed version thereof.
- You Terminate. You may terminate these Terms at any time by cancelling your Account and discontinuing your access to and use of the Services. If you use the Services after cancelling your Account, you will be deemed to have agreed to the Services.
- We Terminate. You agree that we, in our sole discretion, and for any or no reason, may terminate these Terms and suspend and/or terminate your Account(s) on the Services without prior notice. You agree that any suspension or termination of your access to the Services may be without prior notice, and that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such suspension or termination.
- Other Remedies Available. If we terminate these Terms or suspend or terminate your access to or use of the Services due to your breach of these Terms or any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity (including, without limitation, if you engage in any of the Prohibited Uses), then termination of these Terms will be in addition to any other remedies we may have at law or in equity.
- Effect of Termination. Upon any termination or expiration of these Terms, whether by you or us, you may no longer have access to information that you have posted on the Services or that is related to your Account, and you acknowledge that we will have no obligation to maintain any such information in our databases or to forward any such information to you or to any third party.
12. INTERNATIONAL ISSUES.
We operate the Services from the United States of America. If you choose to access the Services from outside the United States of America, you are responsible for complying with applicable local laws.
THE SERVICES, CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN, AND ITEMS LISTED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES: (A) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; OR (C) WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, COMPLETE, LEGAL, OR SAFE. WE DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AS TO THE SERVICES OR ANY CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN. WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT CONTENT ON THE SERVICES IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, OR ERROR-FREE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF ANY KIND FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN OR TAKEN IN RELIANCE ON MATERIAL OR INFORMATION, CONTAINED ON THE SERVICES. WHILE WE ATTEMPT TO MAKE YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES AND CONTENT SAFE, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES, CONTENT, OR ANY ITEMS LISTED ON OUR SERVICES OR OUR SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF ANY DATA THAT YOU DISCLOSE ONLINE. YOU ACCEPT THE INHERENT SECURITY RISKS OF PROVIDING INFORMATION AND DEALING ONLINE OVER THE INTERNET AND WILL NOT HOLD US RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY UNLESS IT IS DUE TO OUR GROSS NEGLIGENCE.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFIT OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM THESE TERMS, THE SERVICES, ANY ITEMS, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES RELATED TO LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, OR LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE AND EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SERVICES IS UNDERTAKEN BY YOU AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THESE TERMS, YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES, CONTENT (INCLUDING YOUR CONTENT), OR ANY ITEMS, PURCHASED, OR SOLD THROUGH THE SERVICES EXCEED THE GREATER OF (A) $100 OR (B) THE AMOUNT PAID TO US BY YOU FOR THE SERVICES THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THE CLAIM.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Painted from and against all actual or alleged third party claims, damages, awards, judgments, losses, liabilities, obligations, penalties, interest, fees, expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and expenses) and costs (including, without limitation, court costs, costs of settlement, and costs of or associated with pursuing indemnification and insurance), of every kind and nature whatsoever arising out of or related to these Terms or your use of the Services, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, matured or unmatured, or suspected or unsuspected, in law or equity, whether in tort, contract or otherwise (collectively, “Claims”), including, but not limited to, damages to property or personal injury, that are caused by, arise out of or are related to (a) your use or misuse of the Services or User Content; (b) any feedback you provide; (c) your violation of these Terms; (d) your violation of the rights of any third party, including another Registered User; (e) any breach or non-performance of any covenant or agreement made by you; (f) your User Content; or (g) any off-chain benefits (including the furnishing, or any failure to furnish, or any acts or omissions of or attributable to you or any third party in respect of the same). You agree to promptly notify Painted of any third-party Claims and cooperate with Painted in defending such Claims. You further agree that Painted shall have control of the defense or settlement of any third-party Claims. THIS INDEMNITY IS IN ADDITION TO, AND NOT IN LIEU OF, ANY OTHER INDEMNITIES SET FORTH IN A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND PAINTED.
16. LIMITATION ON TIME TO FILE CLAIMS
Before seeking legal recourse for any harm you believe you have suffered arising from or related to your use of the Site, you agree to inform us in writing and to give us thirty (30) days to cure the harm before initiating any action.
- Third-Party Beneficiaries. Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of Painted and you and are not intended to confer third-party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity.
- Independent Contractor. Your relationship to Painted is that of an independent contractor, and neither party is an agent or partner of the other.
- Interpretation. The language in these Terms will be interpreted as to its fair meaning, and not strictly for or against any party.
- Severability. Should any part of these Terms be held invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable, that portion will be deemed severed from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms.
- No Waivers. Our failure or delay to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute or be deemed a waiver of future exercise or enforcement of such right or provision. The waiver of any right or provision of these Terms will be effective only if in writing and signed for and on behalf of us by a duly authorized representative.
- Governing Law; Venue. All matters relating to the Website and these Terms, and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction). Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms or the Website shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of California, in each case located in the County of Los Angeles. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
- Notices. We may provide you with any notices (including, without limitation those regarding changes to these Terms) by email or postings on the Services. By providing us with your email address, you consent to our using the email address to send you any notices. Notices sent by email will be effective when we send the email, and notices we provide by posting will be effective upon posting. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current.
- Assignment. You may not assign any of your rights or obligations under these Terms, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. We may assign our rights and obligations under these Terms in our sole discretion to an affiliate, a Provider, or in connection with an acquisition, sale or merger. These Terms shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the applicable parties and their successors and permitted assigns.
16030 Ventura Blvd, Suite 240
Encino, CA 91436